Our Safe Ultrasonic Algae Control Systems
We understand that every site is different. Water conditions, climate, shape and dimensions of the body of water are all factors for determining the model and number of EnviroSonic algae control units needed for optimum performance.
The team at EnviroSonic also understand how to control blue green algae and calculate the number of solar pontoons required to optimise the effectiveness of the ultrasound in treating the algae in each specific waterway.
The ES50 has a range of 50 metres semi circle from the transducer and it uses only 40 watts. This is only available as a mains power unit. It is used in smaller ponds, for ornamental lake algae control, in large storage tanks and on fish farms.
The ES300 unit has a range of 300 metres semi circle from the transducer and can be mains powered or solar powered. Two solar powered units on a pontoon can be installed to cover 600 metres circle of control. This installation controls algae through the whole water column where algae can grow in depths over 7 metres.
Features of EnviroSonic
Environmentally sustainable ultrasonic algae control, with a solar-powered option
Inexpensive to run – the high-powered unit is only 100 watts, or about $250 per year (zero cost for the solar-powered unit)
No chemicals used
Easy to install
No maintenance required
Safe for all invertebrates, fish, amphibians, bats and plants
Can be wirelessly monitored through GSM technology
Fully comply with Australian and New Zealand safety and emissions regulations and carry RSM and C-Tick marks
EnviroSonic units come with a two-year warranty
Benefits of EnviroSonic
- Kills all non-motile algae, including blue-green algae, to a range of 50 metres (for the ES50) and 300 metres (for the ES300) in a semi-circle radius from the installation point
- Efficient transducer design enables an ultrasound range of up to 600 metres – ideal for larger bodies of water
- Controls algae throughout the water depth (algae can live to a depth of 8 meters)
- Controls bacteria, specifically Legionella by reducing the biofilm mass it lives on, and E. coli by producing H2O2 during operation of the ultrasound
- Cleans pipes
- Increases water clarity
- Encourages macrophyte (aquatic plant) growth
- Reduces chlorine requirement in storage ponds and swimming pools by 80%
EnviroSonic can include GSM technology to mobile phone for on-shore and remote monitoring of lake algae control. This is especially useful as the units are very quiet in their operation and this addition overcomes the need for physical monitoring.
Although EnviroSonic is essentially self maintaining, it is recommended that a six monthly inspection is carried out to ensure the integrity of the installation and to monitor signal strength. EnviroSonic can organise this service. EnviroSonic comes with a two year warranty.
Our EnviroSonic units have demonstrated success in field applications, and benefit from integrations with solar panel systems, and wireless and mobile phone technology for on-shore and remote monitoring.